Ms. E

Monday, October 8, 2012

Thing 6

The site that I chose from the list was iTunes http://www.apple.com/iTunes. The reason that I chose this was because I know that kids love music. I think that it is important to incorporate things that kids can relate to into your classroom. There are many ways to use music in your teaching. For example, you could start off everyday with a different song, and that could be the theme of the day. This will get students interested in what they are going to learn that day and enjoy listening to music at the same time. You could also use music to come up with catchy songs so that students could remember. When I was in elementary school I learned a song about the 50 states, and to this day I still remember it. One useful feature about iTunes is that it will suggest songs for you that are similar to the one you picked. If you purchase a song about the 50 states, it will more than likely suggest other songs that relate to the 50 states. This could be very helpful when it comes to looking for ideas to use in your classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment