Ms. E

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thing 4

Commenting can be helpful in many ways. Reading what other people interpret from your post can let you know if you need to be more specific about something, or if you need to clarify what you are trying to say. It is also a good way to get feedback. Feedback is a great way to improve on your skills and let you know what works best for your audience. After all, your audience is the one you are trying to get the message across to, so they need to be able to understand what you are saying.

I found from the reading that it is important to comment back on what someone has said and say thank you. If you do not respond to their comment, it could look bad on you. It is also just the polite thing to do and could spark up a good conversation about your topic. Another  thing that I found to be important is to be open ended. In being open ended, you are allowing for people to leave comments, which is what the whole idea is. If you just state what you think, there isn't really any room for somebody to tell you what they think.

I commented on:
Samantha Fargis- Thing 2
The reason that I decided to comment on this particular post is because I could relate to it. I am not very good at technology and had a bit of a hard time starting up the blog, and she did too. It is always nice to know that there is someone out there having the same struggles as you.
Stephanie Moran- Thing 3...Blogging for Education
I commented on this post because it was a great idea that I had not thought of. She talked about how down the road, she can always look back on what she did when she first became a teacher and how she has improved since then. This is an awesome idea and I might do it too!
Amanda Blankenship- Thing #4
The reason I chose to comment on this was because I found it really interesting. By using a picture of her comments, she did not have to retype everything. This is a great way to save time and also make your blog look neat.
Katie Shaffer- Thing 1
I chose to comment on this because I also struggle with technology. I found it inspiring that she is willing to try and learn about new technology to help out her students, even though it isn't something that she is comfortable with.
Brionna Rand- Thing 2
I chose this post because again, I could relate to it. I was not too fond of the idea that we had to create a blog. It scared me at first, but now I am becoming more comfortable with it.
Danielle Witter- Thing #3
I commented on this post because I had the same idea. It was cool to see that somebody else also wanted to use a blog to post homework and calendars.
Jessica Pickering- Thing #1
I chose this one because we both had the same easiest habit for thing 1. It is easy to relate to people that share the same things as you.

No comments:

Post a Comment