Ms. E

Friday, November 9, 2012

Thing 16

For my start page I chose Netvibes. Netvibes stuck out to me because you could make it your own. You didn't have to chose from an example homepage that they had, you could just type in any word and it would create one for you. I also like how it gave you a little tutorial as to how to use it once you signed up. I probably wouldn't use this as a homepage because I already have a set homepage that I don't want to change, but I would probably visit this page on a regular basis.

The online calendar was pretty cool. It already put in national holidays and what the temperature is for the next 5 days. This could be helpful so that when I do my lesson plans, I can have an idea for if I want to take the kids outside one day, or when they will have off school. I also like that this is always handy and right at the click of a button. The online calendar that I chose was MSN calendar.

I think that the to-do list could be helpful, but I would probably not use it. If you are the type of person that is always on the computer and likes to have everything documented, then I think that this would be a good idea, but I am not that type of person. It was cool  to be able to set it up and play around with setting up when different things are due. For me, it was kind of the same thing as having a planner, but I would rather have a planner to write in and carry around with me than a to-do list on the computer.

The tool that would probably be the most use to me would be the online calendar. I wouldn't use this as my calendar at home, but I would recommend it for teachers. I  think it is a great way to plan out what you are going to be doing each week in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment